Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Dream of the 90's is Alive in Portland

My friend and I spent last Saturday wandering around Portland. The first place we stopped in Portland was Urban Outfitters. I am in love with that store. They have so many random things that totally fit my fancy. I've been wanting for a while now to get these reader glasses (I actually have a similar pair, only they have no lenses) but sadly they weren't carrying any. Megan and I settled on getting these matching hipster glasses. We probably looked really silly but we had fun with it! ;)


I really ♥ Portland! I love the random stores and the cool architecture and the crazy statutes. I love finding new places to explore and there is always plenty of delicious food!


I ate at Big Ass Sandwiches for the first time and it was so good! Food carts in Portland are the best. We walked around the Portland Saturday Market and it definitely inspired me to start doing crafts. I kept saying “oooh I could make that!”. Despite it being a rainy day there were a ton of people and I've come to the conclusion that I'm not really a fan of crowds. It makes me nervous when so many people are packed in so close.


The downside of the day was I got a $34 parking ticket. Oh the joy of parking in Portland! I guess that's partly why so many people ride bikes here.



On the upside I was extremely giddy when we went to the shops down on Hawthorne and we discovered House of Vintage. I LOVE VINTAGE. I kinda freaked out when I realized the already big store had another side to it. Sadly my friend had to work so we didn't get to stay long but I am excited to take a day and just explore the whole store! Plus I know there are a ton of other vintage gems in Portland that I've yet to discover. :) 


 We had fun taking a bunch of pictures so I made this slideshow instead of clogging up the whole page!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...