Saturday, December 4, 2010

Love

Tonight I was looking at my old blog posts on Myspace and came across this one that I wrote January 19th, 2007. Reading it again was such a great reminder to me, and just what I needed to hear. I was seventeen when I wrote it but it is still as powerful and as relevant to my life now as I turn 21. 


"I’m In Love! 


How can I be so happy? Is it really possible to have so much joy? I want to share it with everyone else so bad that it hurts. 

I am truly madly deeply in love....with GOD. This past couple of days I have learned what love really is and it is amazing how much more satisfied and happy I am by just giving my heart and my love to God. Nothing and no one else could be more deserving of our love, not boyfriends or sports or even ourselves. No one is greater than our God. It is so hard for me to not be selfish. I'm human and I want to serve myself, but what kind of life is that? One without love, one that will never be fulfilling. But when you give your heart to God he will fill it up with so much joy and peace that you can't even imagine it is awesome! 

And I want to share God's love with everyone but it is so hard to explain it to people so that they understand. People hear "Jesus loves you" so much yet they can't really grasp the concept of how much he really DOES love them. No one can really comprehend how far and how wide the Lord's love for us really is. 

We are so used to not trusting people because so many people in our lives have let us down and tainted the way we see love. But GOD will NEVER let us down and will love us in a way that no one else can because he CREATED LOVE. He IS love. Wow, how awesome is that? And like it says in the Bible in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a: 

Love suffers long and is kind; 

Love does not envy; 

Love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 

(Love) does not behave rudely, 

(Love) does not seek its own, 

(Love) is not provoked, 

(Love) thinks no evil, 

(Love) does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 

(Love) bears all things. 

(Love) believes all things, 

(Love) hopes all things, 

(Love) endures all things. 

Love never fails. 

And like I said, GOD IS Love! Isn't that awesome to think about? Anyways I just wanted to share what is going on in my life and I hope so much that all of you will come to FEEL God's love, not just KNOW God's love!"


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...