Saturday, June 5, 2010

Garage Sale-ing!

A neighborhood near my house had their annual garage sale today! Luckily it was really nice out today, instead of the rainy weather we've been having lately. One of the garage sales we stopped at had this amazing hookah for sale. It was tall and made out of brass with a rope hose. The sign said it was Saudi and it definitely didn't look like anything you would find in the US. It looked like it could be antique. It was magnificent! I would have bought if I had the money. I looked online for a picture of a hookah like it, but I really couldn't find any. The closest idea of what it is like would be this but even better: 


Despite not getting the hookah I did manage to pick up a few things. I came across the book The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle which has all of the stories in it. I am really looking forward to reading them, I love Sherlock Holmes stories. I also picked up the book Men, Women and Relationships by John Gray, Ph.D. I've read a few of his books from the library and I've found them to be pretty insightful.


The other two items I picked up are "antiques" I suppose you could say. I found theses pretty lace gloves for 50 cents that remind me of the Victorian era. And then I found these opera glasses! It's a very clever set up because the glasses fold down into a little clutch. Here are the pictures to give you an idea:

This is the front of the opera glasses when they are opened.

And this is the back of the opera glasses when they are closed.

The great thing is I only spent $4! We found my sister some unique metal earrings and she picked up a practically brand new Amazing Race game (including DVD) for $1. Plus we picked a beautiful coffee table in practically perfect condition for our living room for $25, way less then it's worth. All-in-all, despite not getting the hookah, I would say this was a successful garage sale trip! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...