Sunday, October 5, 2008

Encyclopedia - G

I have an encylopedia set in my bookshelf from 1979, and every now and then i'll randomly pick out a letter. Today I grabbed G. So some random facts from encyclopedia G.

Gemstones:
An opal necklace is supposed to guard the life and color of blonde hair. Turquoise is said to be a prime charm aginst falling from a horse. Amethyst is credited with keeping a wine drinker sober.

Genet:
A catlike creature that uses its strong musk glands to mark its territory, which it usually performs a headstand to do so.


Girl Scouts:
The Girl Scout Promise - "On my honor, I will try to do my duty to God and my country; to help other people at all times; to obey the Girl Scout Laws."

Girl Scout Laws - 8) A Girl Scout is cheerful 9) A Girl Scout is thrifty 10) A Girl Scout is clean in thought, word, and deed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...